LA Storage, LLC (LAS) is proposing to construct and operate a new high deliverability natural gas storage facility in Hackberry, LA and associated pipelines in Cameron and Calcasieu Parishes.
Location : Cameron Parish, Louisiana
Capacity : 26 Bcf
Pipeline Connections: Cameron Interstate Pipeline and Port Arthur Pipeline – Louisiana Connector
The Project will consist of four storage caverns located on a company-owned 160-acre parcel in Cameron Parish and is similar in scope to a project previously permitted and approved by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) in 2008 under CP08-454.
Proposed LA Storage facility:
When completed, this project will provide approximately 26 billion cubic feet (Bcf) of natural gas storage capacity and interconnect with Cameron Interstate Pipeline via an approximately 5-mile pipeline and with Port Arthur Pipeline – Louisiana Connector via an approximately 11-mile pipeline.
Proposed Project Timeline
- July 2020 : Initiate FERC pre-filing process
- August 2020: Community Open House
- September 2020: FERC Scoping Meetings
- January 2021: File FERC application
- September 2021: Receive FERC authorization
- Expected to create new design, engineering and construction jobs, with a peak of more than 300 workers, as well as long-term positions to operate and maintain the storage and associated pipeline facilities
- Generates new taxes estimated at more than $5 million
- Provides a new source of revenue for local providers of goods and services
Email | Media 1-877-340-8875
Email | 1-281-630-2187
Email | 1-619-507-9692
At Sempra, safety is our top priority. That extends to the operation of our underground natural gas pipelines. Learn more about pipeline safety and how to recognize if a pipeline is located near you.