Cameron Interstate Pipeline
Sempra’s Cameron Interstate Pipeline is a 40-mile natural gas pipeline in southwest Louisiana.
Location : Cameron Parish, Louisiana
Capacity : 2.35 Bcfd
Size : 40.08 miles, 36.5 miles of 42-inch diameter pipeline, with an expansion of 3.58 miles of 36-inch diameter pipeline
Commercial Operation : November 2008, with a pipeline expansion completed in 2017
Cameron Interstate Pipeline links the Cameron LNG terminal in Cameron Parish, Louisiana, to five interstate pipelines that connect to major markets in the Midwest, Northeast and Southeast. Sempra’s LA Storage pipeline is among the destinations.
The pipeline and its expansion are certificated for a capacity of 2.35 billion cubic feet per day (Bcfd) of natural gas by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
The expansion project was completed in 2017, adding bi-directional flow to the pipeline to allow it to transport natural gas from various interstate pipeline interconnections to Cameron LNG. The project was designed so that the addition of the new facilities will not preclude Cameron Interstate Pipeline from receiving send-out gas from the Cameron LNG terminal.
The following facilities were constructed or modified as part of the expansion project:
- Approximately 3.58-mile of 36-inch OD pipeline extension to the existing Cameron Interstate Pipeline
- The new Holbrook compressor station consisting of 7 Waukesha 16V275GL+ engines
- Modifications to the TETCO existing meter station in Ragley and to the TGP meter station in Sulphur
- A new Cameron LNG meter station at the site of the liquefaction facility in Hackberry
- Delivers a reliable and affordable supply of natural gas to major U.S. markets
- Located in a region with strong emerging shale development
- Helps meet the country’s demand for lower-emission energy sources
- Promotes domestic energy security and economic growth in the Southeast
Email: | 281.423.2730
At Sempra, safety is our top priority. That extends to the operation of our underground natural gas pipelines. Learn more about pipeline safety and how to recognize if a pipeline is located near you.